GTU Biotechnology Institute continues education and public/industry supported national/international research and innovation studies with Biotechnology Master's and Doctorate programs under 3 options as Health Biotechnology, Industrial Biotechnology and Plant Biotechnology. Our institute, which emphasizes bioeconomy and bioentrepreneurship in Turkey and prioritizes industry and R&D projects, also maintains training and certificate programs in the field of Bioentrepreneurship and Bioeconomy. In our institute, researches on a wide range of subjects such as biosensors, diagnostic kits, biomaterials and tissue engineering, biotechnological drugs and cell engineering, agricultural biotechnology, biofortification and fertilizer technologies, medicinal and aromatic plants, functional food/feed additives, bioprocess engineering, recombinant protein and enzyme production and industry partnership studies are carried out.
GTU Biotechnology Institute also includes the ÖBEK (Original Bio-Economy Resources) Excellence Laboratory, which brings together expert academics from different disciplines from the leading universities of the region and our country, and industrial organizations operating in different sectors. With this center of excellence, carried out by the Gebze Technical Education and Research Foundation (GTEAV) supported by the Eastern Marmara Development Agency and coordinated by the GTU Biotechnology Institute, it evaluates the bio-economy resources in all of Turkey, especially the eastern Marmara, and puts them into the service of the economy and industry.
- 2022-2023 Spring Term Written and Oral Interview Information for Graduate School
- Our Faculty Members, Assoc. Dr. Müge İŞLETEN HOŞOĞLU and her Lab Group Organize a Workshop Between 23-24 January
- C. elegans Applied Training Program was Completed on 13.01.2023 with the Participation of Different Sector Representatives
- At the "Innovation and Technologies in Agriculture Workshop" organized by Aselsan, our Deputy Director of the Institute Dr. Instructor Ümit Barış Kutman took part as Invited Speaker
- In the 4th edition of "Marschner's Mineral Nutrition of Plants", which is considered the Most Important Source Book in the Field of Plant Nutrition, Our Faculty Members Ümit Barış Kutman and Bahar Yıldız Kutman took part as the Chapter Authors.
- 2022-2023 Fall Seminars XII
- 2022-2023 Fall Seminars XI
- 2022-2023 Fall Seminars X
- 2022-2023 Fall Seminars IX
- About 2022-2023 Fall Term Ph.D. Qualifying Exam