Moleküler Biyoloji ve Genetik
- (262) 02626051000
- Web sayfası
- , 2524
- Çalışma alanları
- Moleküler Nörobiyoloji, gen regülasyonu, ETS proteinleri, nöronal sağkalım, nörokorunma, nörodejenerasyon, beyin tümörleri
1.Kurnaz ML, Aksan Kurnaz I. (2021) Commercialization of medicinal bio-economy resources and sustainability.Sustainable Chem Pharm 22: 100484
2.Savasan Sogut M, Venugopal C, Kandemir B, Gulfidan G, Yilmaz B, Arga KY, Singh S, Aksan Kurnaz I. (2021) ETS domain transcription factor Elk-1 regulates stemness genes in brain tumors and CD133+ brain tumor initiating cells (BTIC). J Per Med 11: 125.
3.Babal YK, Kandemir B, Aksan Kurnaz I. (2021) Gene regulatory network of ETS domain transcription factors in different stages of glioma. J Per Med 11: 138.
4.Kandemir B, Gulfidan G, Arga KY, Yilmaz B, Aksan Kurnaz I. (2020) Transcriptomic profile of Pea3 family members reveal regulatory codes for axon outgrowth and neuronal connection specificity. Sci Rep 10: 18162; doi:10.1038/s41598-020-75089-3.
5.Kandemir B, Davis S, Yigit EN, Ozturk G, Yilmaz B, Laroche S, Aksan Kurnaz I. (2020) Expression of Pea3 protein subfamily in hippocampus and potential role in LTP.&#160;Neurosci Lett 738: 135348
6.Uyar OA*, Kandemir B*, Arisan ED, Aksan Kurnaz I. (2020) A systematic review of synthetic biology – a new era in biopharmaceutical drug development. Biomedical. J Sci Tech Res, 29(1): 22171; doi: 10.26717/BJSTR.2020.29.004753
7. Kandemir B, Dag U, Gungor BB, Durasi IM, Erdogan B, Kayacan Y, Sahin E, Sezerman U, Aksan Kurnaz I (2016). Identification of novel transcriptional targets of Pea3 in SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cells. PLoS One 12(2):e0170585. http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0170585
8. Bitiktas S, Kandemir B, Tan B, Kavraal S, Liman N, Dursun N, Donmez-Altuntas H, Aksan-Kurnaz I, Suer C (2016). Adult-onset hyperthyroidism impairs spatial learning: possible involvement of mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling pathways. Neuroreport. Jun 2, e-pub.
9. Kandemir B, Caglayan, B, Hausott B, Erdogan B, Dag U, Demir, O, Savasan M, Klimaschewski L, and Aksan Kurnaz, I. (2014) Pea3 transcription factor promotes neurite outgrowth. Front. Cell. Neurosci. 7(59):1-11; doi: 10.3389/fnmol.2014.00059
10. Karaosmanoglu K, Sayar NA, Kurnaz IA, Akbulut BS (2014). Assessment of berberine as a multi-target antimicrobial: a multi-omics study for drug discovery and repositioning. OMICS 18(1): 42 – 53.
11. Genc S, Ozilgen M, Sorguven E, Aksan Kurnaz I (2013) Unsteady exergy loss of the neurons under dynamic stress conditions. Energy 59:422 – 431.
12. Bilgin T, Aksan Kurnaz I, Wagner A (2013). Selection shapes the robustness of ligand-binding amino acids. J Mol Evol. 76(5):343-9
13. Demir O, Aksan Kurnaz I (2013). Phospho-Ser383-Elk-1 is localized to the mitotic spindles during cell cycle and interacts with mitotic kinase Aurora-A. Cell Biochem Func 31(7):591-8
14. Genc S, Sorguven E, Aksan Kurnaz I, Ozilgen M (2013). Exergetic efficiency of neuronal glucose metabolism. Int J Exergy 13(1): 60 - 84
15. Akgün H, Karamelekoğlu I, Berk B, Kurnaz I, Sarıbıyık G, Oktem S, Kocagöz T (2012). Synthesis and antimycobacterial activity of some phthalimide derivatives. Bioorg Med Chem. 20(13): 4149 – 4154.
16. Mut M, Lule S, Demir O, Kurnaz IA, Vural I (2011). Both MAPK/ERK1/2 and PI3K/AKT pathways regulate activation of Elk-1 transcription factor in U138 glioblastoma cells. Int J Biochem Cell Biol 44(2):302-10
17. Genc S, Aksan Kurnaz I, Ozilgen M (2011). Astrocyte-neuron lactate shuttle may boost more ATP supply to the neuron under hypoxic conditions – experimental and in silico study in parallel. BMC Sys Biol 5: 162
18. Demir O, Ari O, Aksan Kurnaz I (2012). Elk-1 interacts with dynein upon serum stimulation but independent of Serine 383 phosphorylation. Cell Mol Neurobiol 32(2): 185 – 189.
19. Demir O, Aysit N, Vıckers ER, Onder Z, Turkel N, Ozturk G, Sharrocks AD, Aksan Kurnaz I. (2011) The ETS domain transcription factor Elk-1 mediates neuronal survival via regulating SMN promoter. BBA Mol Bas Dis 1812(6):652-62.
20. Berk B, Us D, Oktem S, Kocagoz ZT, Caglayan B, Kurnaz IA, Erol DD (2011). Molecular modeling and antimycobacterial studies of Mannich bases: 5-hydroxy-2-methyl-4H-pran-4-ones. Turk J Chem 35(2): 317 – 330.
21. Us D, Berk B, Gurdal E, Aytekin N, Kocagoz T, Caglayan B, Aksan Kurnaz I, Erol DD (2010). Mannich base derivatives of 3-hydroxy-6-methyl-4H-pyran-4-one with antimicrobial activity. Turk J Chem 34: 1 – 10.
22. Kurnaz, ML, Bilgin, T, and Aksan Kurnaz, I. (2010). Certain non-standard coding tables appear to be more robust to error than the standard genetic code. J. Mol. Evol. 70(1): 13 – 28
23. Demir O, Singh S, Klimaschewski L, Aksan Kurnaz I. (2009). From birth till death: neurogenesis, cell cycle and neurodegeneration. Invited Review. Anat. Rec. 292(12): 1953-1961.
24. Hausott B, Kurnaz I, Gajovic S, Klimaschewski L (2009). Signaling by neuronal tyrosine kinase receptors: relevance for development and regeneration. Invited Review. Anat. Rec. 292(12): 1976-1985.
25. Us D, Gurdal E, Berk B, Oktem S, Kocagoz T, Caglayan B, Aksan Kurnaz I, Erol DD (2009). 4H-Pyran-4-one derivatives: leading molecule for preparation of compounds with antimycobacterial potential. Turk J Chem 33: 803 – 812.
26. Akgun H, Berk B, Erol DD, Mercanoglu G, Bayrak OF, Caglayan B, Dedeagac A and Aksan Kurnaz I (2009). Nitric oxide releasing derivatives of [(2-chloroethyl) ureido] benzoic acid esters: potential antineoplastic agents? Turk. J. Chem. 33: 107 – 121.
27. Demir, O, Korulu, S, Yildiz, A, Karabay Korkmaz, A, and Aksan Kurnaz, I. (2009). Elk-1 interacts with neuronal microtubules and relocalizes to the nucleus upon phosphorylation. Molec. Cell. Neurosci. 40(1):111-9.
28. Kurnaz, ML, Bilgin, T, and Aksan Kurnaz, I. (2008). A statistical analysis of the robustness of alternate genetic coding tables. Int. J. Molec. Sci. 9(5): 679 – 697.
29. Demir, O, Aksan Kurnaz, I (2008). Wildtype Elk-1, but not a SUMOylation mutant, represses egr-1 expression in SH-SY5Y neuroblastomas. Neurosci. Lett. 437: 20 – 24.
30. Yücel, MA, and Aksan Kurnaz, I. (2007). A computational model for oxygen sensing mechanisms and hypoxia-induced gene expression. Biotechnol. Bioeng, 97(3): 588 – 600.
31. Demir, O, and Aksan Kurnaz, I. (2006). An integrated model of glucose and galactose metabolism regulated by the GAL genetic switch. Comp Biol Chem, 30(3): 179 – 192.
32. Aksan Kurnaz, I. (2005). A gene expression study of the TGF-b signaling pathway components in differentiating PC12 cells. Turk J Biol, 29: 1-7.
33. Aksan Kurnaz, I. (2005). Biochemical modeling tools and applications to metabolic engineering. (Biyokimyasal modelleme gereçleri ve metabolik mühendislik uygulamaları). Turk J Biochem. 30(2): 200-207.
34. Carreira, S, Goodall, J, Aksan, I, La Rocca, SA, Galibert, M-D, Denat, L, Larue, L, and Goding, CR. (2005). Mitf cooperates with Rb1 and activates p21Cip1 expression to regulate cell cycle progression. Nature, 433: 764 – 769.
35. Oney, I, Aksan Kurnaz, I, and Kurnaz, ML. (2005). Cytoplasmic-to-nuclear volume ratio affects cell cycle responsiveness at the transcriptional level. FEBS Lett. 579(2): 433 – 440.
36. Vickers, ER, Kasza, A, Aksan Kurnaz, I, Seifert, A, Zeef, L, O’Donnell, A, Hayes, A, and Sharrocks, AD. (2004) Ternary TCF-SRF complex-regulated gene activity is required for cellular proliferation and inhibition of apoptotic cell death, Mol. Cell.Biol. 24(23): 10340 – 10351.
37. Aksan Kurnaz, I (2004) A kinetic analysis of RSK2 and Elk-1 interaction on the serum response element and implications for cellular engineering. Biotech. Bioeng. 88(7): 890-900.
38. Emir, UE and Aksan Kurnaz, I (2003). An integrated model for melanocyte-specific gene expression and melanogenesis. Signal Transduction: Receptors, mediators and genes, 3(5-6): 209 – 217.
39. Aksan, I and Kurnaz, ML. (2003) A computer-based model for the regulation of MAPK activation. J. Rec. Signal Transduc. 23(2-3): 197 – 209.
40. Aksan, I and Stinson, JA. (2002) Piecing together the cancer puzzle. Trends in Bioch. Sci. 27(8): 387 – 389.
41. Aksan, I. and Goding, C.R. (1998). Targeting the Microphthalmia basic helix-loop-helix-leucine zipper transcription factor to a subset of E-box elements in vitro and in vivo. Mol. Cell. Biol. 18(12), 6930-6938.
- BTEC 502 Moleküler Biyoloji ve Genetik Regülasyonu
- BTEC 521 Biyoteknolojide Girişimcilik
- BTEC 526 Biyoteknolojide Fikri Mülkiyet,Patent ve lisans
- BTEC 541 Sağlık Biyoteknolojisinin Temelleri
- BTEC 564 Protein Biyoteknolojisi
- BTEC 581 Sentetik Biyoloji ve Biyoteknoloji
- BTEC 681 Sentetik Biyolojide Güncel Konular
- BTEC 683 Sentetik ve Sistem Biyoteknolojisinde Araçlar
- İNG 320 İş Hayatı İçin Yabancı Dil
- MBG 439 Nörobiyoloji
- MBG 640 İleri Nörobiyoloji
2021 Advisor, PhD Thesis, Ebru Köleoğlu
2020 Advisor, PhD Thesis, Mustafa Doğukan Metiner
2020 Advisor, PhD Thesis, Büşra Nur Çiçek
2020 Advisor, PhD Thesis, Betül Ertural
2020 Advisor, MSc Thesis, Pınar Mutlu
2020 Co-advisor, MSc Thesis, Şevval Şimşek
2017 Advisor, PhD Thesis, Ekin Sönmez
2019 -2021 Co-Advisor, MSc Thesis, Başak Dalbayrak
2018 Advisor, PhD Thesis, Sedef Yusufoğulları
2018 Advisor, PhD Thesis, Yiğit Koray Babal
2018 – 2020 Co-Advisor, MSc Thesis, Kübra Yurduseven
“Cell-to-Cell protein interactions in development and disease of the nervous system"
2018– 2020 Advisor, MSc Thesis,Mustafa Doğukan Metiner
“The role of Pea3 and Elk-1 in neuronal circuits and metastasis”
2017 -2020 Advisor, MSc Thesis, Betül Ertural
2017-2020 Advisor, MSc Thesis, Büşra Nur Çiçek
2017 -2022 Advisor PhD Thesis, Esra Nur Yiğit
2017 – 2020 Advisor, MSc Thesis, Bayram Kaş
2017 -2020 Advisor, MSc Thesis, Gülbahar Çağıl Öztürk
2016 -2018 Advisor, MSc thesis, Yiğit Babal
“Molecular and Computational Investigation o Intrafamilial Transcriptional Regulatory Network of ETS family transcription factors”
2012 -2019 Co-advisor, PhD thesis, Oya Arı Uyar
&amp;amp;#160;“The interaction between Elk-1 and mitotic kinases in brain tumors”
2011 -2019 Co-advisor, PhD thesis, Melis Savaşan Söğüt
&amp;#160;“The role of ETS family transcription factor Elk-1 in cancer stem cells”
2011 -2019 Co-advisor, PhD thesis, Başak Kandemir
“Investigation of the function and potential crosstalk of Elk-1 and Pea3 proteins in neurons”
2011 -2015 Co-advisor, MSc thesis, Eray Şahin
“Analysis of Neuroprotection-related gene expression changes by Elk-1 activity under hypoxic conditions”
2014 -2017 Advisor, MSc thesis, Merve Üstün&amp;#160;
“Identifying Pea3 phosphorylation sites specifically regulated by different growth factors”
2011-2013 Advisor, MSc thesis, Elif Kon
“Expression analysis of transcription factors of Elk-1 and Pea3”
2011-2013 Advisor, MSc thesis, Goksu Alpay
“Transcriptional activation of the copper-zinc superoxide dismutase gene by Elk-1”
2009-2013 Co- Advisor, PhD thesis, Seda Genc
“Integrated kinetic, genetic and thermodynamic investigation of brain energy metabolism in neurons and astrocytes”
2010 - 2012 Advisor, MSc thesis, Oya Arı
2008 2010 Advisor, MSc Thesis, Melis Savasan, YU
“Evaluating the interactions between neurofilament promoters and the ETS transcription factor Pea3 by using different cell lines”
2007 - 2009 Coadvisor, MSc thesis, Seda Alper Genc, YÜ
“Integrated genetics, kinetics and thermodynamics investigation of brain energy metabolism in neuron and astrocyte”
2007 -2010 Advisor, MSc thesis, Berrak Caglayan, YÜ
“Identification of upstream regulators of MAPK stimulated Pea3 mediated neural differentiation of PC12 cells”
2005-2007 Coadvisor, MSc thesis, Özlem Demir, İTÜ
“The interaction between Elk-1 and microtubules in neurons”
2004 -2005 Coadvisor, MSc thesis, Meryem Ayse Yucel, BU
“A biochemical model for the interactions between tumor cell mass and vascular epithelial cells leading to angiogenesis”
- Doktora: Biochemistry, University of London / Marie Curie Research Institute, 1998
- Yüksek lisans: -
- Lisans: Molecular Biology and Genetics, Bogazici University, 1995