Air Pollution Laboratory
|Laboratory Name||Air Pollution Laboratory|
|Laboratory Responsible||Assist. Prof. Pınar Ergenekon|
|Department||Environmental Engineering Department|
|Telephone||+90 262 605 3281|
|Address||Gebze Institute of Technology Muallimköy Campus
Environmental Engineering Department 41400 Gebze/KOCAELİ
|General Information||In this laboratory, research and development activities are carried out on airborne pollutants; their levels and sources.|
|Laboratory Staff||Assist. Prof. Pınar Ergenekon
Banu Çetin, PhD
Project Assist. Gaye Özdemir (Master student)
İsmail Anıl (PhD student)
Ediz Uyanık (Master student)
|Applications||- PAH extraction and analysis on rain samples.
- Determination and extraction of organic pollutants on soil samples
- VOC analysis on air samples
- Determination of qualitative organic contents of any samples.
|Equipment||- Gas Chromatograpy/ Mass Spectrometry(GC/MS) (Agilent)CMB_HKL_02.jpg
- Rotary Evaporator (Heidolph) CMB_HKL_03jpg
- Sensitive balance
- Ultrasonical Cleaner (Labomar)
- Stirrer with thermostat (Heidolph)
- Reactor Oven with Thermostat
- Hi-vol Air sampler
|Projects||- Determination of Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDEs) in Soil Samples Collected around the Heavily Industrialized Area, Dilovası, Kocaeli (2010-2012, BAP).
- Investigation of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) in Ambient Air of Dilovası (TUBİTAK).
- Optimization of Solid Phase Micro Extraction (SPME) method to determine the PAH concentrations in rain samples (BAP).